This split type led lantern and solar panel offer the ease of installation for non south facing installations, this is a very versatile Solar LED Light. Its lightweight and slim line design makes it ideal for any environment and uses the latest solar power technology and Lithium LiFe PO4 battery which delivers outstanding performance even in the winter months.
Led and Light Management: The CR Solar uses the very latest LED Technology that ensures maximum brightness ensuring light levels remain brighter for longer.
Batteries and Charging Unit: The CR Solar Smart uses new generation light weight high quality Lithium LiFePO4 battery is designed to exacting standards and deliver high power and longevity. The lithium batteries are charged for maximum efficiency using the integrated charging circuit and constantly monitors the state of batteries to optimise the charging levels.
Power Management: An important part of the CR Solar Smart is its ability to preserve battery autonomy for maximum reliability even in overcast weather conditions. The intelligent operating profiles that can be programmed into the system allow for a change in illumination levels throughout the night; with the addition of the Smart Eye motion sensor, illumination levels will self regulate upon detection of movement throughout the evening which further improves battery autonomy.
CR Solar Smart Mode of Operation:
- The CR Solar Smart automatically switches on at dusk.
- The LED switches on to 30% power – This ensures the lit area has safe ambient light .
- When the PIR sensor is triggered the light mode switches from 30% to 100% brightness – This ensures that when needed the area has maximum LUX levels.
- After movement has stopped for a 30 second period the LED switches back down to 30%. This ensures that the available charge in the battery issued to its maximum benefit.
- The first mode continues for 8 hours after the unit has been activated by dusk. If dusk is 5 pm then the light will perform as above until 1 am- if dusk is 8 pm then the light will continue in the above mode until 4 am and so on.
- Mode 2 – After 8 hours the light switches off and goes into standby. This standby mode will continue until dawn and if during this this time any movement is detected by the PIR sensor the LED will instantly switch into 100% illumination until the movement has stopped. After a further 30 seconds of zero movement the light will go back into standby.
- At dawn the light turns off and back into charging mode.
Working Time (full power)* Working Time (dimmed)* Recommended Mounting Height **
* Based on 8 hours light per day. Standard Installations will provide working time periods in line with the dimmed operating mode.
**Height and distance values shown are based on achieving S5 lighting standards (unless otherwise stated) to EN13201 lluminance using 2 m wide footpath and Samsung 5630 round beam luminance.
Delivery: 3 working days